- 1995 –Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, University of North Dakota
- 1998 – Master of Arts in Community Counseling, University of North Dakota
- 2001 – Post Masters Certificate in Marriage and Family Therapy, Adler Graduate School
- 2012 – Post Masters Certificate in EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing), Child Trauma Institute
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist since 2006
Individuals, couples, teens and families working through issues of anxiety, depression, relationship struggles, abuse, trauma, loss, life transitions, family of origin, and behavioral problems.
Individuals, couples, teens and family therapy. Approaches include family systems, cognitive/behavioral, Adlerian and Rogerian theories, EMDR, and Relationship Empowerment for Couples.
Andrea believes in helping people empower themselves to create the lives they want. Everyone has inherent equal worth and part of the therapeutic process is assisting in the identification and strengthening of one’s abilities. People have the incredible ability to heal themselves from trauma with guidance, no matter what the circumstances have been. People will be assisted in releasing their traumas to ensure a sense of inner safety and peace.
Andrea has been in the therapy field since 1998. In graduate school she worked at an abuse crisis center serving primarily women and adolescent girls who had experienced sexual assault and domestic violence. She also was involved in the Victim/Witness program at that time. Additional experience has included crisis counseling in an emergency room setting, residential treatment for adolescent boys, and day treatment for adolescent boys and girls. She has been practicing outpatient therapy with a variety of populations since obtaining her license in 2006.